Friday 9 April 2010

Douche hats stay firmly ON!

Well that was the term coined to us by Dizzmal when we appeared in sky one fateful Monday night to see 3 other linkshells + us fighting over despot.

So anyway i'm getting ready to go to sky, this is about 30mins before gather time when someone says "I've got Despot", so now there's several of us rushing to sky to help only to discover what could well be one of the most bizarre situations I have ever seen, seems a guy was trying to solo Despot but couldn't, got desperate and started inviting random people, at one point I saw Allyrose and a wings member both pounding on Despot (sorry no pic).
So that party was disbanded, people begun to die and low and behold Despot turns yellow! Claim, claim, claim! I remark, probably to everyone's annoyance, we get it and bam Gem of the West woohoo!

So we continue into the run, i'm told to drop pt so we can reform the alliance, do so and put up my flag, i'm on Paladin with my flag up so what do you think happens next?

Yep a random pt invite, begs the question, do people look at the person's location when they send you a /tell for a pt? Oh I dunno, also, yeah I appreciated Negaa's joke invite too.

Anyway, back to the run, next moment of interest was when we decided to check up on Faust, wasn't there so we checked the kite room and low and behold (i'm using that a lot) there was a rdm attempting to solo it, we waited in earnest for him to drop, people started to lose confidence, arguing that he had it nothing to worry about but we stayed put none the less.

Wouldn't ya know it we were right to stay because at around 50% he loses it, Faust clearly pissed off at constantly being bound, gravitied, DoTed and nuked hits back and slaughters him, easy Summerstone right there!

Finally i'll wrap up this blog entry with another point of interest, after Sky I got given a pearl to Shamus's linkshell "Giggity" (already got 4 damn linkshells why'd I need a 5th dammit!) anyway Auxilium was interested in killing Flockbock...for the crafting item I guess so I agree to help even though i'm tired as fuck so we have: PLD/NIN (me), NIN/WAR (Auxilium), WHM/BLM (Peitha), SAM/WAR (Caldar), we promptly fight him and wipe at around 50% (again no pic of that, shame).

So we pick ourselves up and Negaa decides to join us on SMN/WHM to be out refresh bitch, scrappy fight again and just when it looks like he may be dying he starts bullying us, low on MP, HP getting slaughtered it looks bad but then @7% health Caldar and I both have TP so I open a Swift Blade and he closes with Tachi: Gekko, Darkness SC and Flockbock is downed! Our reward for our efforts?


Yup, 3 sodding Earth crystals, should have expected as much really, we all died (except Negaa, fucking bastard) and all for 3 bloody Earth crystals...ah well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun night. I do agree, I think people check the job and not the location when doing invites. However, you know PLD is the job that everyone has, but no one wants to use. So if they see you with a flag up...BOOM! Invite.

    ReplyDelete