Wednesday 6 October 2010

Time to vent

So today I was in a alliance of 8 people to do abyssea NMs for AF seals but after a couple minax bugard kills we went after the spider, should have been fine but something got to me.

Now i'm not good at venting on FFXI largely due to the limited writing space, I tried but it didn't help so I will explode here.

Basically i'm getting bombarded with orders for silena, erase, haste, this NM can draw you in and slow you, I say he can do it...he spams it, so by about the 5th time of doing it I understand that you're gonna need erase and haste afterwards.

The problem here is he can also silence and I forgot to re-stock on echo drops so I ran out quickly, bitch at me if you will but the NIN didn't have echo drops, the brd/whm didn't have echo drops, so if you don't bring them do you have right to bitch at me for not bringing them?

Anyway this is what got to me, it's not all that was said but with no chat filters, stuff disappears fast:


Now most of the people in that alliance were people from Prestige who i've started doing stuff with so maybe what I did next was ill advised but I just left, it was a case of either stay there, do nothing because i'm silenced and potentially shout my head off at them or leave and calm down, I chose the latter.

So yes, I fucked up, I should have had echo drops and I don't know why I reacted how I did, maybe it was being the sole healer for an alliance of 8 constantly getting hit by slow, silence and gravity but that's how it is.

Call me a whiney little bitch but i've done what the title of this vent implies and vented.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always sucks when you're getting hit with a bunch of status effects. Granted, you want to have them removed as quickly as possible, but sometimes you really just have to deal with it. Especially when you only have one person responsible. The calls in party chat were definitely not helpful on their part.

    As a suggestion to you, definitely stock up on those supplies. I've been caught several times without them and it makes a hell of a difference. Another thing is distance, which I'm sure you already know.

    As for the people who needed silena and didn't bring echo drops of their own...tell them to shut the hell up. This is no different than people spamming "zzz" in chat, but never bothered bringing poison potions. Get to the people when you can, and they'll just have to deal with the effect until then.

    (Stupid thing wouldn't let me edit my post so I had to remove it.)

    ReplyDelete